Monday, 6 April 2009

Twitter is stupid

Well, I gave it a go, I tried to like it, but I just don't see the point of Twitter. I can't be bothered checking a web page every few minutes just in case someone I don't know has put the equivalent of a badly-spelt text message on there. I tried using TwitterFox which is a Firefox extension that just pops up the tweets when you receive them, but I found it just distracted me.

And very, very few of the tweets I received were of any interest. That is, if you could actually tell what they were about, most of them seemed to be just garbled abbreviations which you had to squint at then go and do a load of research on. To me, this defeats the object of having a so-called 'quick and easy' system of communication. True, Stephen Fry's tweets were sort of sweet in a whimsical kind of way, but do I really need to know (or care) that he is sat on a plane on the way to Singapore? Nope, I'll find that out when your TV programme is on in a couple of months, Stephen.

So I have uninstalled TwitterFox, and unless someone can explain to me what Twitter is actually good for, other than annoying me and getting in the way of my actual WORK, I won't be bothering with Twitter again. Just in time, as I read in Computer Weekly that they are currently trying to work out aa way of making money from the users.

Quelle surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment