This problem kept me stumped for the best part of a day but I got there in the end.
I have installed Citrix Secure Gateway (CSG) in order to provide secure access to our Citrix XenApp farm. I am using Windows 2008 (which is a fantastic OS, I am enjoying using it more and more). Windows 2008 comes complete with extensive firewall capabilities to help keep it secure. On Windows 2003 I didn't really bother with these but I have resolved to make use of them from now on, especially as they have been improved so much in the new OS. Anyway, on to the problem.
CSG uses SSL which of course runs over TCP port 443. The default Windows firewall rule, which I believe is activated when you install IIS, allows connections into 443, from any external address to any internal address on the server. However, it only allows connections into the 'System' program -- I take that to mean actual Windows system services, in this case presumably the World Wide Web Publishing Service. To enable access to CSG I created a new rule which allowed connections to 'D:\Program Files\Citrix\Secure Gateway\bin\CtxSGSvc.exe'.
Obvious really!
No comments:
Post a Comment